Taxi Driver


I've heard of this film many times before, I thought it was a horror movie but it's not. It's a drama, a lonely man's journey to a psychopath. I feel very closely related to Travis Bickle character played by Robert De Niro. Alienation, isolation, loneliness, hatred towards scums or anyone I don't like. I have them all. For this, I love this film a lot. And it does speak for a lot of people I guess. We're all fucked, more or less.

This is another good Martin Scorsese film. I have seen about six or seven of his films. Some of them are just fine, in my opinion. But Taxi Driver is really a good one.

I don't know why and how people are so fucking stupid, trying to do the things already shown in the movies? Especially the ones involving violence, another one is Fight Club. Come on, you unimaginative idiots, leave these good movies alone.

Loneliness has followed me my whole life. Everywhere. In bars, in cars, sidewalks, stores, everywhere. There's no escape. I'm God's lonely man... June 8th. My life has taken another turn again. The days can go on with regularity over and over, one day indistinguishable from the next. A long continuous chain.

The days go on and on... they don't end. All my life needed was a sense of someplace to go. I don't believe that one should devote his life to morbid self-attention, I believe that one should become a person like other people.

No comments: