Oasis R.I.P

I feel sorry for Noel Gallagher, and the Oasis.
They were great, really great, but they are out of time.
However Liam is an idiot. Reading NME's 50 Incredulous Liam Gallagher Quotes only proves he really is an idiot. He's far too arrogant, though I agree with him at some point, but he really does not have to act/talk like an idiot. I think I'd quote some of his words, fucking hilarious. He could be a very good comedian, I think.
On ambition: "If I wasn't a musician I don't know. I'd be God, maybe? That would be a good job." (The Sun, 2005).

On being a softie at heart: “I am a tender, beautiful and loving guy that happens to slap a photographer now and then because they get in my way.” (Sky.com, July 2005).

On singing: “I’m a better singer than him [Noel]. I’m the man, man.” (NME, December 2008)

On conquering America: “Americans want grungy people stabbing themselves in the head onstage. They get a bright bunch like us, with deodorant on, they don’t get it.” (NME, November 2006).

On his emotions: “I suppose I do get sad, but not for too long. I just look in the mirror and go, ‘What a good-looking fuck you are.’” (NME, November 2006).

Spreading the love for Amy Winehouse and Pete Doherty: “I don’t give a fuck about her, I don’t give a fuck about the other dick and I don’t give a fuck about any of ‘em.” (NME, September 2008).

On Pete Doherty (again): "What does the word Libertine mean? Freedom! He's in the corner doing smack with a helmet on his head. There's nothing free about that. It's nasty." (NME, 2005).

Well, Oasis R.I.P.

No comments: