Blow-up

This is such a classic movie poster, though quite misleading to the story itself. So as the title. But who cares, this is a hot poster and a hot movie.
Nudity... This is the first time I see this film. I was amazed and amused seeing those young girls (Jane Birkin and Gillian Hills) playing.
The set of photographs in the movie are really good. I've never seen how photographs are developed. It's very interesting to see the process. Those technologies are slowly disappearing in this digital world.
Beautiful girls... They are all the same.
At the start of the film, I have no idea what it is about. I've heard of this film before, but didn't have any clue about the story at all. It gets better as the movie proceeds.
This is young Jimmy Page in The Yardbirds. In this part, the movie opportunely recorded the air of that generation, the 60's, which is really great. The style, music, drugs, sex, anti-war...it's all in this film.
This is one of the most memorable ending in all the films I've seen. Very creative storytelling.

No comments: