Unknown Pleasures Resurrected

A Joy Division Celebration with Peter Hook and friends

The year was 1979. A little know band from Manchester, England, was about to deliver an album of moody, melancholic despair, the influence of which can still be felt, heard and seen today. That band was Joy Division and the album was Unknown Pleasures.

To commemorate the 30th Anniversary of Joy Divisions’ seminal debut album Unknown Pleasures, founding member Peter Hook and Friends will perform the album in its entirety in Australia for the first time. The epic show will include live performances of all of the songs from the album including She’s Lost Control, New Dawn Fades and Disorder. Audiences will also be treated to performances of other early Joy Division tracks, as well as the classic non-album singles Transmission and Love Will Tear Us Apart.


more gigs
________________________________________________________________

I always like Peter Hook more than Bernard Sumner, because Peter Hook loves Joy Division more than New Order, like me. Once you're shadowed by Ian Curtis' darkness, you wouldn't want to get out, at least I wouldn't. But... who's gonna sing it??? Hooky? Anyway I personally think Peter Hook playing the shows is in favour for any Joy Division fans. He doesn't need to, or maybe he'd love to, I don't know. All I know is, I can't miss this chance of a life time, and I got the ticket already. 

No comments: