Suburban Life



This is another great record by Arcade Fire. Three in a row now.
Once again, they write awesome lyrics to go along the great music.
Damn, I want to see them live so much... Their Unstaged was unreal.
So far, I recommend these songs off The Suburbs.

Modern Man
In my dream I was almost there
And you pulled me aside and said you're going nowhere
They say we are the chosen few
But we're wasted
And that's why we're still waiting
On a number from the modern man
Maybe when you're older you will understand
Why you don't feel right
Why you can't sleep at night now

Suburban War
But you started a war that we can't win
We keep erasing all the streets we grew up in
Now the music divides us into tribes
Choose your side, I'll choose my side

Sprawl II (Mountains Beyond Mountains)


They heard me singing and they told me to stop,
Quit these pretentious things and just punch the clock,
These days, my life, I feel it has no purpose,
But late at night the feelings swim to the surface.
Cause on the surface the city lights shine,
They're calling at me, "come and find your kind."

Sometimes I wonder if the world's so small,
That we can never get away from the sprawl,
Living in the sprawl,
Dead shopping malls rise like mountains beyond mountains,
And there's no end in sight,
I need the darkness someone please cut the lights.

No comments: