Rabbit Is Rich



Damn... you gotta love Rabbit, or rather, John Updike.

Why did Mr Updike bother with this prick, Harry Angstrom for nearly thirty years? It's no mystery. Harry Angstrom is simply one of the most fascinating characters of all time in the history of my reading. And I surely do enjoy reading these books. As a matter of fact, I'm addicted. Staying all night for a week reading and giggling to myself. Thinking about Rabbit all my waking hours while not reading the book. Now I'm reading the last one, Rabbit at Rest. One of the most striking aspect of Rabbit stories is that these books were published at the time reflecting the then contemporary status of America. Now, those times are our past. I wish I was born earlier to be able to read them as I go along with the history. Oh well, at least I don't have to wait 10 years to find out what happened to Rabbit. That's something I could cheer about.

No comments: