Art of Noise


Listening to the mixtape made by your favorite artist is just great.
I've listened to the mixtapes made by Jens Lekman and Air France.
I got to know so many good bands that I didn't know before.
Anyway, download this. This stuff is gold, if you like Air France.

mp3: Air France: ‘Art of Noise Mixtape’ (right click and choose “save as…”)


Bill Withers : ‘Lovely Day’

Can liven a funeral, I tried and It worked. Makes you move on.
Museum of Bellas Artes: ‘Who Do You Love
They will run this show in a few months. They released their first single some days back.
Lemonade: ‘Big Weekend (Delorean remix)
Sets us tumbling down heights every saturday. Makes you feel good looking and drink faster.
Walker Brothers: ‘Make It Easy On Yourself
Breaking up is hard to do. A friend of a friend’s ex-gilfriend always send a tape with this song instead.
Ilona Staller – ‘Pane, marmellata e me
Sophisticated Italian 70s dub and giggles.
Yppah – ‘Gumball Machine Weekend
No fucking clue who this is, but it sounds like a Japanese Lo-Fi version of Saint Etienne’s “Nothing can stop us now”, innit?
Altered Images: ‘I Could Be Happy
Maybe this years best evening so far must have been when we put this on at Old Blue Last and David from Sic and his wife Melissa danced like two teenagers in love and the last sunrays slipped in through the windows and covered them in the warmest light you have ever seen.
A.R. Kane: ‘A Love From Outer Space
I think Tahiti 80 did a great version of this too some years ago. It’s the feeling you get when you land a girl that plays in a completely different, and better, league.
CFCF: ‘You Hear Colours
I have had this in my head for a while now. Really suits days when the flowers on my balcony dies after too much rain and nothing seems to happen.
Sylvie Vartan: ‘La plus belle pour aller danser
Some days you just want to die and wake up in Paris in the 60s.

No comments: