Talking about movies


What's the point of watching movies?
To entertain us, to terrify us, to inspire us?
Well, everybody have their own reasons for that question, i guess.
However, for a good film, there's one thing that will happen to the audience: that the audiences become so involved with what's going on that we feel we are living the story ourselves.

I remember director Ang Lee once said: "all a good film does, is to make us feel something extraordinary and to think deep." Which I believe is true.

I can still recall when I finished watching "Brokeback Mountain". I really did feel something extraordinary, and really made me think a lot about life, the life that we all have to go through. It haunted me for nearly a week. I just don't understand how some people just cannot relate to this film. It is just a painful love story.

Since I'm still talking about Ang Lee, I might as well say more. I just found out that his next film is taking place at Woodstock in 1969. Wow, shit yeah! And the film is going to be comedy. I personally think it is a great idea of putting music and comedy together for this legendary concert, because Woodstock is all about peace and music, so hope it's going to be fun. I really look forward to this movie in 2009.

It's kind of cool to be a Taiwanese, and have an world-known Taiwanese director like Lee. And he is cool.

+ see Woodstock photos

No comments: