Strokes' Side Projects

From what I just saw, The Strokes have collectively agreed to take a break until February 2009.
Ever since last Strokes album, every band members are busy with their own stuffs.


Albert Hammond Jr. has released two studio albums already! He and Agyness Deyn are already engaged! I don't know if that's the reason he ditched the Australia and Japan tour, but he said he got sore throat. Anyway I didn't get to see him even after buying the ticket... sigh.


Drummer, Fabrizio and his friends (one is girlfriend), known as Little Joy recently released their debut album. It's a very nice album, very cute I think.



Bass player, Nikolai also formed his own band, Nickel Eye, featuring people like Nick Zinner of the Yeah Yeah Yeahs and Regina Spektor in the new album. Their albums will be released in Jan 2009.

Lead singer, Julian Casablancas teamed up with Santogold and Pharrell in the new Converse commercial song, My Drive Thru. He still looks cool in this cool video.



Although their side-projects are good but I'm still waiting for the new Strokes album.

No comments: