Stuff White People Like

I saw this book in a mag, i think it's so satirically funny.
The writer is a Phd dropout, Christian Lander, a white man.
I will write down some about music here...
There're way more in his blog.

"Nothing will please white people more consistenly than acoustic covers of songs that don't seem to lend themselves to acoustic covers. There is a 100% chance that at some point a white person will ask you to "come listen to this", then watch your face to see how long it takes you to figure out that song is a cover. And so, if you plan on pursuing the friendship, it would serve you well to act surprised when you recoginise the song, then start laughing, then ask them: "where did you get this?"

"Remember, popular artists can turn unpopular in a heartbeat (the strokes, ryan adams), so you would be best to stick to the following statements: "I love Arcade Fire"; "I would die without Stereogum or Fluxblog" and "Joanna Newsom is maybe the most original artist today."

2 comments:

luyi said...

i used to visit stereogum.com A LOOOOOOOOOT.

Fuse said...

really?

I didn't know what it is until I read this...