La Dolce Vita

We are Marcello. The story of his life is timeless.
We all face the problems he faces, I think.

I think it's perfectly okay not to watch the whole film at once.
Because, the film is three hours long, and the plot is quite loose.

I think this film is a little bit overrated.
Personally I don't like this kind of high life.
I don't think Fellini does either, maybe that's a bit ironic.

Some dialogues are really good, especially when he had conversations with his intellectual friend, Steiner.
Steiner: We must get beyond passions, like a great work of art. In such miraculous harmony. We should love each other outside of time... detached.
Steiner: Don't be like me. Salvation doesn't lie within four walls. I'm too serious to be a dilettante and too much a dabbler to be a professional. Even the most miserable life is better than a sheltered existence in an organized society where everything is calculated and perfected.
Marcello Rubini: [to Emma] A man who agrees to live like this is a finished man, he's nothing but a worm! I don't believe in your aggressive, sticky, maternal love! I don't want it, I have no use for it! This isn't love, it's brutalization!

The ending is cool.

No comments: