Moneyball

Director: Bennett Miller
Writers: Steven Zaillian, Aaron Sorkin, and Michael Lewis (Novel)
Stars: Brad Pitt, Philip Seymour Hoffman and Jonah Hill
Year: 2011
IMDB

My Rating: 6.5/10

I like it. Great casting, and good performance from the three lead actors. Somehow I feel these roles don't have full capacity for showing their true talents. Also, I think because of the genre, there are limitations of how great a film can be, it's a good sports film nevertheless. I particularly love the scenes with her daughter, it's the most touching part. Maybe because I'm not that fond of baseball, so I don't have too much sentiments for this film. Besides, sports are all about the money, and the so-called "glory", but still the glory is built on money. Just look at NBA, there are no games to play, where's the fucking glory?

 ps. Brad Pitt looks so much like Robert Redford!!

No comments: