Drive



Director: Nicolas Winding Refn
Writers: Hossein Amini (screenplay), James Sallis (book)
Stars: Ryan Gosling, Carey Mulligan and Bryan Cranston
Year: 2011
IMDB

My Rating: 7/10

Somehow, I don't like this film as much as I'd like. It looks good, sounds terrific. There are few problems, like casting, and the story. Casting two goodie-goodie looking actors to lead this downright violent film is a mistake, even though their performance is great. The story is well paced, but doesn't really capture my attention. The film noir plot is nothing new, it doesn't shock anybody, so I guess they should explore more on the emotions of each character, I feel they didn't go deep enough. But maybe, this film is more about a feeling, rather than a story, in that case, this film has done it well. Also, the film has a nostalgic feeling to it. I like that.

No comments: