Eyes Wide Shut


Director: Stanley Kubrick
Writers: Arthur Schnitzler (novel), Stanley Kubrick, and Frederic Raphael
Stars: Tom Cruise, Nicole Kidman, Sydney Pollack and Todd Field
Year: 1999
IMDB

My Rating: 8/10

Frank Ocean got me into watching this film. He effectively quotes the movie, makes reference in his songs. The combination kind of interests me - R&B singer + Stanley Kubrick.

The film is a very fine production, just look at the opening tracking shot, flawless. This is about... reality vs. dreams, the fantasies and burdens of sex, secret society, and things you'll never understand. Great film, a masterful work of art, and a good way to end a prolific career

And I hate Tom Cruise, he's such a prick. Maybe I've project too much reality into his character, but he's not that good actor, a good faker though.

No comments: