Manhattan


I absolutely adore Woody Allen.
His lines are unbeatable.
A lot of his lines are like insider joke, you find them funny only if you know people he talked about. And it's goddamn funny.
I love this one and Annie Hall, because I love the cynical, sarcastic, paranoia, egoistic side of him. I can see myself so much in his characters. Even the story is very similar to my life.

Anyway, I have gotta have some faith in people too.

Manhattan (1979)

Yale: You are so self-righteous, you know. I mean we're just people. We're just human beings, you know? You think you're God.
Isaac Davis: I... I gotta model myself after someone.


Mary Wilke: I was tired of submerging my identity to a very brilliant, dominating man. He's a genius.
Isaac Davis: Oh really, he was a genius, Helen's a genius and Dennis is a genius. You know a lot of geniuses, y'know. You should meet some stupid people once in a while, y'know, you could learn something.


Isaac Davis: It's an interesting group of people, your friends are.
Mary Wilke: I know.
Isaac Davis: Like the cast of a Fellini movie.


Isaac Davis: I can't express anger. That's one of the problems I have. I grow a tumor instead.


Isaac Davis: When it comes to relationships with women, I'm the winner of the August Strindberg Award.

No comments: