Young Folks


I don't care if 11,000,000 people have seen this. I still love it. It still sounds good as ever. Not only has a catchy sing-along melody, but also got very decent lyrics about the youngster falling in love.

I don't know what others think, but I feel this is a bittersweet song. When the boy sings "would you go along with someone like me?", you know he is probably a shy and not a confident person at all but he wants to love and be loved. Then the sweet girl sings "i would go along with someone like you, it doesn't matter what you did, who you were hanging with, we could stick around and see this night through". That completes a sweet little love circle. At the night time, two people entwined, alone, loving. I found it very touching. Then the chorus is just what lovers do together, happy time. Just talking and talking.

In the bonus tracks of Writer's Block, I particularly love the sitar version of this song, called Sitar Folks. No words, just meditating sounds.

No comments: