Casablanca

"You must remember this, a kiss is still a kiss, a sigh is just a sigh; the fundamental things apply, as time goes by..."

This film turns out to be quite different to what I've expected. With that old-fashioned poster, I immediately assumed it is like some outdated detective movies. I borrowed it because I've heard that it's really great. I watched it because it's due tomorrow. To be honest, I was reluctant to see it when I put the DVD disc in.

This film is hopelessly romantic. In some scenes, it even got my tears out of my eyes. Rick is a marvelous character. The things he did in the film is my ideal of a great man. Ingrid Bergman is also a perfect example of a great woman behind a great man (two?). The friendship was another beautiful thing in the film, between Sam and Rick, as well as Captain Renault and Rick. The ending is perfect. There are many memorable lines in this film too. Above all, I love how music was implied in Rick's Cafe and in the movie. The atmosphere is terrific. The song "As Time Goes By" is magical, and I love how it's tied into the story. This is just a great classic film.

Casablanca (1942)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

when i woke up this morning, right after i opened my eyes, i found me missing you so bad atm.