Great Stuffs

Truly great things always happen way ahead of its time, therefore it's hard for everyone to accept the genius of it at the time. Often the great things would stand on its own, and not fade away. There's a long history of it. Particularly for painters, musicians, directors...all the art-related stuffs. Recently, I've discovered a lot of great stuffs, The Velvet Underground and Nico's, Fellini's films, Godard's films, My Bloody Valentine's Loveless... these things were not made for its time, they were made for the future. Those people really have a vision of their own. I now came to appreciate their genius, partly because of their history (if they are shit and got sunk in the time, I wouldn't have a chance to know them). And mostly I really like them and not for the fame's sake. So when the next big thing comes up, would I appreciate it? I don't know, I hope so.

No comments: