Four Movies, Three Actors

> Somersault
> Director, Cate Shortland's Debut
> Starring : Abbie Cornish
> This film has to be one of the most beautiful film I've seen. Cinematography is really good.
> I think the story is nothing spectacular
> When she left Canberra, on the bus, it reminds me of so much of last time when i was there on my way to the airport. Australia is a beautiful place. Jindabyne seems like a really good place. I wish I could go there sometime.
> Comparing to candy, Heidi is a more acceptable role. Still both are pretty mess-up roles.
> The music is quite good.

> Candy
> Starring: Heath Ledger, Abbie Cornish
> Directed by Neil Armfield
> Both actors are great in this film. I think the complexity of the film gave them a lot of room to act out
> To be honest, I felt extremely sad while I was watching, it's just so sad, and so realistic.
> Yes, more is never enough
> And life is always tough
> Finally, don't do drugs.

> 10 Things I Hate About You
> Starring: Heath Ledger, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Julia Stiles
> Commercial movie but in a different level, at the level with a bit of depth, unlike most teen school movies
> I enjoy the film, because I can relate to it quite easily
> It's funny, sometimes.
> I don't really like the music, riot grrrl....
> Heath played a great role
> In contrast, Joseph played a unspectacular role. In mysterious skin, he gave an amazing performance. I think it might be the problem of the film itself, this is a teenage commercial film.

> Mysterious Skin
> Directed by Gregg Araki
> Starring: Joseph Gordon-Levitt
> The music is horrifyingly good, very well suited to the movie, a sad fucked-up teenage movie
> Featuring Slowdive, Ride, Cocteau Twins, Sigur Ros
> I like the ending-scene very much... with the music, words, and camera pulling out.
> Favourite line: And I thought of all the grief and suffering and fucked up stuff in the world, and it made me want to escape. I wished with all my heart we could just leave this world behind. Rise like two angels in the night and magically disappear.

2 comments:

a said...

I want to disappear.

You come with me?

Fuse said...

yes... coming with you!