Today has been good


I went to uni to start my summer course today.
After the class, I went to unidisc to have a look at vinyl records.
I have always wanted to listen to vinyl if I can, so I did today.
I bought Billy Joel's "The Stranger", then headed to library to have a listen.
I put in on the turntable, watching the record spinning, listening to the song as I read the lyrics.
This is exactly what I love to do!
The experience is completely different to CDs or Mp3s.
This is the first time, so I wanna write it down this little precious moment of my life.
The Stranger is a fantastic album, lots of great songs.

Then I went to city to return some books.
While waiting for bus, I went into a shop, called "Books, CDs, Vinyls Exchange".
Actually I don't know what it's called.
The shop stunned me at the first sight, stacking huge collections of CDs, vinyls, cassettes, tapes, mags, clothes, all the random stuffs in disorder (maybe there is still some order, but it looks messy).
I didn't stay for too long, but I'm sure I'll spend some time there finding treasures.


Buses haven't come yet, so I went to another record store.
I wasn't planning to buy anything, but when I checked out the jazz section I found Chet Baker's albums at the discounted price.
I bought "Chet Baker Sings" straight away.
This is such a smooth and cool album.
I fell asleep twice when I listened to it twice.
Maybe I was just too tired.
However, this is definitely the record that I'll revisit from time to time.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

chet baker does soothe me.

his singing (i mean his singing, not playing) accompanied me while i was in the most depressing period of time.

are you a boy or a girl?

today is not good at all.

i wish i could have a good day tomorrow as yours.

last, chet baker rocks!

Fuse said...

yea he rocks!

I'm a boy. Is that what you guess?

Thanks again for sharing ur music with me. I'm kind of in my depressing period now.

I really hope you have a good day tomorrow!!

Anonymous said...

somehow i thought you're a boy but i wonder.

maybe how you put your thoughts into words and the love for new order make me think so.

i'm happy with the result ha.

sounds more interesting.
most of my blogger friends are female as you might guess.

it's half of the day.
nothing good happens.

Fuse said...

at least you're happy with the result right? that's a good thing?

not really... never mind.

you dun have to wait until good thing happen, go and do something that you've always wanted to do but haven't done

that'll make you feel good!

Anonymous said...

you must feel lonely there.
i guess you are alone and probably stay in the room like Haruki Murakami's.

i always have wild imagination. ;)

i AM happy with the result.

blog everyday, cuz reading your blog makes me happy.

what do you study there?
why staying in summer?

Fuse said...

you're right...
in fact, you're so right that i feel almost transparent now...

but i guess that's the way i wanted to be even though i feel lonely here

i like your wild imagination, cuz i have those as well :)

i'm glad that you actually enjoy my blog... i'm very happy to hear that really
photographs and other stuffs on your blog make me happy too :D

i study commerce
it's not something that i wanna do but what my dad expected me to do
i study in summer cuz i failed two and i'm not planning to go back
so i might as well spend the time studying...