Beautiful Kate

Director: Rachel Ward
Writers: Rachel Ward (screenplay), Newton Thornburg (novel)
Stars: Ben Mendelsohn, Maeve Dermody, Sophie Lowe and Rachel Griffiths
Year: 2009 (Australia)
IMDB

My Rating: 7/10

Kate is beautiful, and this is a beautiful film. The Australian outback is nicely shot. Actors put out reasonably good performance. Soundtrack is great. Overall, it's a good film. However, it struck me that this film lacks something. I'm not 100% sure what is missing, but it could have been a better film. The movie just didn't strike me on an emotional level. Maybe if I have a sister I love, I would? I don't know. As a matter of fact, I have seen a couple of Australian movies, they all seem to have the same problem. Working on extreme cases, which results no emotional influence over their viewers. Why? Australia has so many talented actors and actresses, but there's not one really great Australian movie?

No comments: