Freedom


Mr Franzen hits home again with Freedom.

Much like his last novel, The Corrections, the novel revolves around a Midwestern family, and deals with complexion of family and society. Much of what's been discussed in the book is "current affairs" on politics, environment, and indie music scene. And the family drama is exactly what everyone at any age can relate to. I, for one, can really relate to the story to a point that a particular scenario was actually happening to me while I was reading the book.  I'm not here to explain the story, or review the book, I'm here to give a simple message: READ IT!

Just another note, this book is not as funny as The Corrections, perhaps more serious, more tragic, more depressed (everyone was somehow depressed in the story), but you can tell that Mr Franzen poured more of his true feelings and heart into this book. He is no doubt a great American novelist, inheriting the spirit of American literature.

No comments: