Singles

Director/Writer: Cameron Crowe
Cast: Bridget Fonda, Campbell Scott, Kyra Sedgwick, Matt Dillon 
Music: Paul Westerberg
Year: 1992

Quotes:
"I've always been able to do this, break up with someone and never look back. Being alone: there's a certain dignity to it."
"Guys do like to be called."
"If I had a personal conversation with God, I would ask him to create this girl."
"I was just nowhere near your neighborhood."

This is quite a typical romance comedy, but with a cool indie setting. Chicks are pretty, guys are stupid. Everything is nice, and fun to watch. But, the music, is so fucking good. Beside the grunge sound, which I am not very familiar with, the two songs written by Paul Westerberg are just perfect for the film. Also, with a touch of Jimi Hendrix and The Smashing Pumpkins. If you know Cameron Crowe, you know he loves music. If you love music, you can not not love his films, even they are commercial and not very good (isn't grunge commercial too?).

My Rating: 8/10 (The music boosts the score by at least 3)

No comments: