Yo La Tengo @ The Hi-Fi, Brisbane (16/02/2010)

(i forgot to bring my camera. these photos are courtesy to Christopher James Hardwick)

This is my first Yo La Tengo gig. I was blown away.
I was standing right in front of Ira, while he played his guitar like crazy.
I'm sure I haven't seen anyone who plays guitar the way he does.
Probably no one does. Ira is a guitar god.
Especially in a fuzzy epic jam like Pass the Hatchet, I Think I'm Goodkind.

I also love how they play acoustics songs.
Like, The Crying of Lot G, I'm On My Way, and Today is The Day
Slow, melancholy, and beautiful.
There were moments when I could feel my tears coming out.

I also love Yo La Tengo's voices.
All of them sing, and sing so well.

I think I love Yo La Tengo more now, after seeing them live.

Setlist:
Evanescent Psychic Pez Drop
More Stars Than There Are In Heaven
Avalon Or Someone Very Similar
The Crying of Lot G
Stockholm Syndrome
If It's True
Winter A-Go-Go
Here To Fall
I'm On My Way
Decora
When It's Dark
Double Dare
Periodically Double Or Triple
Tom Courtenay
Nothing To Hide
Pass the Hatchet, I Think I'm Goodkind


Encore:
The Reason Why (The Wombats cover)
Can't Seem to Make You Mine (The Seeds cover)
Today Is The Day
Dive for Your Memory (The Go-Betweens cover)

No comments: