Olso, August 31

Director: Joachim Trier
Writers: Pierre Drieu La Rochelle (novel), Joachim Trier, and Eskil Vogt
Stars: Anders Danielsen Lie, Hans Olav Brenner and Ingrid Olava
Year: 2011 (Norway)
IMDB

My Rating: 8/10

I love Reprise. That's why I was so eager to see this when I found out that Joachim Trier had a new film coming out, but it seems like I never had the luck to see his films in cinema. So, as soon as the DVD came out, I bought it on Amazon.

I love the minimalism and neo-existentialism in this film. For me, it doesn't even feel like I'm watching a film, I feel like I'm watching a "based-on-true-story" movie about me, except that the writers had to skew the facts a little as if to avoid being too personal. What do I get out of this film? Nothing, but it's good to be reminded that people like me still exist somewhere in the trap they made for themselves.

No comments: