I Am Curious - Yellow

Director/Writer: Vilgot Sjöman
Stars: Lena Nyman, Vilgot Sjöman, Börje Ahlstedt and Martin Luther King
Year: 1967 (Sweden)
IMDB

My Rating: 7/10

I wasn't sure whether I was watching a documentary or a movie. It's bit of both I think, which makes it all the more interesting. That's why even it's not a great film, I still give it credits for trying something different. It's a documentary about social movement and Swedish society at the time, and a film about a girl's life with a mix of reality and fiction.

About social issues, Is a social class system good for our society? Is income a good way to separate social class? How come women still don't have equal job opportunities as men? Can we really defend ourselves with non-violence? Why are these questions still fucking relevant today? Because, we haven't advanced that much I guess. Not even in the Swedish society, though they are already way ahead than most countries, with general gender equality sense and flat social structure, things are still not perfect, male violence just to name one thing.

Ok, I'm not Swedish, and I don't mean to criticize. Quite in contrary, I love living in Sweden. It's just that something don't ever change...

No comments: