Thirteen Conversations About One Thing

Director: Jill Sprecher
Writers: Karen Sprecher, Jill Sprecher
Stars: Alan Arkin, John Turturro, Clea DuVall and Matthew McConaughey
Year: 2001
IMDB

My Rating: 8/10

What's the one thing that revolves around 13 conversations? Life.

The movie talks about happiness, but I don't think happiness is the one thing that they talk about. It's life itself as the subject. The movie is great because it talks about reality and actually shows you what reality is like, and how you approach reality according to your own belief. Everyone is struggling to get through life. But how do you get through it? What is the point to get through it? To get what you want? To be what you wish to be? What is it? What makes you you? There are a lot of great quotes from this movie about life. Here's one of it,

it's perverse, isn't it? people spend years developing their minds and educating themselves, but in the end, they just want to shut them off.
Apart from the subject matter, there are decent performances from decent actors, including Matthew McConaughey. Recommended.

Just to add, I'm on my lowest ebb at the moment. I think I have identity crisis. I don't know who I am, or who I want to be. I also have quarter-life crisis, I feel lost, scared, lonely and confused about what lies ahead of me. I have no will to grow up, to be someone, to make something. I don't know who my friend is, I don't know who would listen to my problems, and help me solve them. Probably no one would, they are my problems. The problem is me. I know, but what can I do? I'm lost and lonely without a single hope to drag me out of my misery. I'm just shit scared about my future, I don't understand anything, anyone, anymore.

No comments: