Interview with Johan


Name?
Johan Angergård.

The one song that must be on every mixtape is:
Felt "Don't Die On My Doorstep". It's short, so you can always fit it in. And it's, of course, incredibly good.

Last book read?

Haruki Murakami, The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle.

Favorite book ever?
I think Lukas Moodysson Vitt blod was the one that affected me the most. I should re-read it though, not quite sure if it's as good as I remember it.

Instruments played (chronologically)?
Yamaha keyboard, acoustic guitar, bass, various software instruments.

Favorite record this year?
Camera Obscura, My Maudlin Career.

Favorite record ever?
The Smiths, The Queen Is Dead.

The one record I’d save from a house fire is:
Shadow Factory (Sarah Records compilation).

Favorite music video this year?
The Legends "Always The Same". Sorry, but it really is. Haven't seen that many though. Oh, wait. I really liked that Fever Ray video too.

Who is in your dream band (must be living musicians)?
Morrissey: vocals; Johnny Marr: guitars; Colm Ó Cíosóig: drums. And I'd like to be in the band too, so I guess I could play the bass.

Last illegally downloaded song/album (be honest)?
Probably Camera Obscura My Maudlin Career actually. I didn't like it that much at first and didn't understand how good it was until I bought the CD. Oh, isn't this a lovely little story of the importance of paying for music?

more

No comments: