Home

"But it had come to that point where I was looking for something like a home-- I didn't have a home in the world, so I wanted a home in someone else, in a person."

I don't know when it all started... but I've developed this desperate longing for a home. I really don't have a home in this world, not here, not there, not anywhere. Now I'm living off my backpack, hopping from this bed to that bed, and it's gonna last for the next 3 months, which means I won't be able to settle down anytime soon. Being constantly on the move, how could I possibly find a home in a person? I'm lost. I wanna go home, but I don't know where it is yet. If the price is to give up my freedom, I'm willing to pay.

Note: David Byrne likes the topic of home. The movie "This Must Be The Place" is also about home (of course!). I feel like Senn Penn in the movie... traveling from places to places, except I'm not even on a mission for revenge. On the album which he collaborates with Brian Eno (a great album), there's a song called "Home" - Where home, comes to life from out of the blue... 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

'Home' may just be the peace at heart.

I hope you're well

-J

Fuse said...

i have no peace at heart... always longing for things i don't have