Erik de Vahl

This is one of my favourite albums this year. I don't listen to a lot of new music. But, this is very nice. Independently released on an obscure label called Look. I'm not sure exactly how this label works... it's just a Swedish thing I guess. They like to keep it secret, or some kind of mystery. But it seems like Erik de Vahl, The Embassy and Most Valuable Players are all on this label now.

Back to the album, the label describes "Erik de Vahl's music is a true time document of the 21st century. Classy songwriting mixed with funky/moody electronics. A latter-day Durutti Column, always snoopy and very proud." For me, it's very meditative and enjoyable to listen to. When I leave Sweden, if I listen to this album again, I will miss the days listening to his music and immersing myself in the Swedish landscape.