Happy Being A Consumer

After seeing these videos, I just want to go back to record stores, and bring home some more records. So, I did. And I love record stores, flipping through vinyls. Sadly, they are closing down one by one. Rockinghorse is   the iconic independent record store in Brisbane, and it's closing down due to strong competition from chain stores and online shops. Last time, I went there, there was nothing I want to buy, except a Hope Sandoval poster. Everything else was either too expensive, or not for my interests. Anyway, I went to another record store today, called Egg Records. It's probably my favourite store here, as their taste is similar to mine. I found heaps of record I want to buy, lots of 4AD stuff like Pixies, This Mortal Coil, Cocteau Twins. And there are plenty of Factory records, primarily Joy Division and New Order singles. If I had a lot of money, I would buy them all... but I don't. Back to reality, I bought these...



Bruce Springsteen - Born to Run
This is a great great cover. Boss looks handsome as ever. The songs... no need for explanation. I buy this, because it needs to be in my record collection, and now it is.

Kate Bush - The Whole Story
There were a whole bunch of Kate Bush records, but my KB taste still lingers on her hit singles, plus the way she stares at me, as if asking me to take her home, so I obliged delightfully. But I'm sure, I would have more records of hers in near future. She's just amazing... my ideal for femininity. She's pretty, childlike, sexy, mysterious (some people call it weird), exotic, sentimental, talented. The package she brought to pop music is absolutely wonderful.

OMD - Architecture and Morality
This is another record I need to have in my collection. I'm glad I found this original design sleeve. I bought the first OMD record cheap with a dodgy design. I kind of regret it...

The Cure - Disintegration
No shit, finally I bought it, one of my desert island records of all-time... Side 1, from plainsong to fascination street is fucking ace, couldn't be more perfect.

NME C86
How the fuck is this here? Though I don't remember I like the whole compilation, I know its significance. So I bought it. Primal Scream's velocity girl was such a perfect opening track. And I bought this for 8 aussie dollars!! I can't believe it...

No comments: